Newborn Solutions is now Kriba
We are excited to announce a significant milestone in our evolution. The company has rebranded itself and is proud to introduce its new name and identity: Kriba.
The rebranding of our company represents a significant milestone in our journey, marking our commitment to innovation, health impact, and global accessibility in the field of non-invasive screening, detection, and monitoring of infections in serous fluids. Months of planning, collaboration, and creative efforts have culminated in the birth of Kriba.
Selecting the right name was the initial challenge in our rebranding journey. Collaborating closely with the design agency Battlegroup, we embarked on a brand strategy mission that would encapsulate our essence. After exploring various paths, we discovered the key: a name that conveys a concept and mirrors our mission. Hence, Kriba was born. This name draws inspiration from the Spanish verb “cribar,” which translates to “to screen” in English, and the noun “cribado,” meaning the action and effect of screening. It embodies the core of our work in non-invasive screening. Kriba is a concise, euphonic word that can be easily conceptualized and associated as the overarching brand presiding over our multiple areas of care.
Kriba generates impact on healthcare worldwide by accelerating non-invasive screening, diagnosis, and monitoring of infections in serous fluids. Serous fluid infections are potentially life-threatening and can leave permanent sequelae. Our non-invasive serous body fluids white blood cell counter is unique and answers to the need to detect these infections quickly, easily, and cost-effectively.
Our initial focus is on infant meningitis, where there is a global and urgent need for rapid screening due to the vulnerability of the patient and the aggressiveness of the disease. We have expanded the use of our platform technology for infection screening and monitoring to (domiciliary) peritoneal dialysis-related peritonitis and intraocular inflammation (uveitis), and plan to develop other demanded applications such as septic arthritis, infant urinary tract infection, chorioamnionitis, pleuritis, etc. Additionnaly, market trends associated with the application areas being addressed and the ones within our strategic scope are on the rise in demand.
A strategic rebrand
The transformation from Newborn Solutions to Kriba highlights our commitment to a strategic direction that will propel us toward a key phase in our company’s development—the CE marking of our innovative medical device.
The new brand, Kriba, embodies the values and goals that drive us:
• Kriba’s AI-powered early detection solutions offer fast and efficient screening of serous fluid infections, ensuring swift diagnosis and treatment.
• Our empathetic approach to healthcare is reflected in our non-invasive medical technology, which enhances the quality of care for patients and their caregivers, providing a more humane healthcare experience.
• Kriba is committed to accessibility, democratizing accurate diagnosis through affordable technology accessible to people in low, middle, and high-income countries.
• Our informed screening solutions deliver valuable clinical data quickly and easily to healthcare professionals and patients, empowering them with essential information.
• Kriba’s efficient and cost-effective tools for screening and early detection significantly lower healthcare costs, making a global health impact by addressing critical challenges across diferent areas of care.
We have multiple ongoing clinical trials for our different areas of care:
• Kriba Newborn (infant meningitis): Phase II efficacy of the study ongoing with 5 hospitals in Spain ( University Hospital La Paz in Madrid, Quironsalud Madrid University Hospital Pozuelo de Alacón, Sant Joan de Déu Children’s Hospital and Vall d’Hebron University Hospital in Barcelona, Quiron San José in Madrid), in collaboration with ISGlobal study is also ongoing in 2 hospitals in Mozambique (Maputo General Hospital, The Manhiça Health Research Center – CISM), 1 hospital in Morocco ( Ibn Sina Children’s Hospital in Rabat)
• Kriba Kidney (peritoneal dialysis-related peritonitis): Phase one (proof-of-concept) is ongoing with Bellvitge University Hospital in L’Hospitalet de LLobregat (Barcelona), Navarra University Hospital in Pamplona (clinical trial extension launches soon).
• Kriba Eye care (uveitis): Phase I (proof-of-concept)is completed with Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital in Badalona (Barcelona).
Kriba is not just a name change; it is a symbol of our dedication to shaping a more accessible and technologically advanced future for healthcare, with solutions that transcend boundaries and bring about positive change. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.